Department of Computer Science
The need of the hour is excellence in every field of operation and particularly “Information Technology”. Realizing this need, The Marutroji Ghule Patil Arts,Commerce & Science College,Ahmednagar. B.Sc (Computer Science) course in the year 2009. Initially only graduation course was being conducted in the department. Now, Computer Science is a well-established, well-equipped department of the college. There is a separate laboratory for computer science, there are 20 computer in lab with all necessary software & hardware. Department is not only working academically but also performing many Co-Curricular activities.
The most important aspect of computer science is problem solving, an essential skill for life. Students study the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts. students get the opportunity to work as Software Engineer, Software Tester, Project Manager, and Application Developer. One may start one’s own programming and software development venture and remain self employed!
In academic year 2019-2020
First Year of BSc (comp sci)- 40
Second Year of BSc (comp sci)-24
Third Year of BSc (comp sci)- 17
In this year 2019-2020 achievement of our student
- SEED INFOTECH organized the IT IDEOL competition. In this competition, Kharmale Parag, a student of TYBCS class of our college, came in the top ten. The competition was held in the entire Ahmednagar district in which 500 students were selected from all the colleges.
- Many students are selected ICICI bank interview
- To introduce new concepts and application of techniques in Information Technology
- To inculcate sense of scientific responsibilities and social and environment awareness
- To help students build-up a progressive and successful career
- Well equipped lab with projector and wi-fi facility
- 24 hours internet facility
- Computer related journals and magazines