Department of History
The Department of History was established in the academic year 2009-10 that is with the establishment of the institution. The department offers History as general and special subjects at the undergraduate level. Alongside curriculum, the department equally emphasizes the organization of co-curricular and extracurricular activities to seek the all-round academic development of students. The department also organizes guest lectures and experts’ talk on variant topics in History for students to ensure thorough understanding of the subject and to increase their interest as well. Resultantly, for the last four years, students of the department have meritoriously passed their examinations.
Guest Lectures and Career Counseling Organized by the Department
- 2015-16: Asst. Prof. S. L. Navthar, Head, Department of History, New Arts, Commerce and Science College, Shevgaon delivered a lecture on “Career Opportunities in History”.
- 2016-17: Dr. Sachin More, Department of History, Ahmednagar College, Ahmednagar guided the students on the topic “Studying History and Preparation ofCompetitive Examination”
- 2017-18: Dr. K. M. Ambade, Chairman, Board of Studies in History, SavitribaiPhule Pune University, Pune and Head, Department of History, New Arts, Commerce and Science College, Ahmednagar interacted with the students on“Various Avenues of Research in History”
- 2018-19: Dr. Vijay Kadam, Head, Department of History, Ahmednagar College, Ahmednagar threw light upon “The Contribution of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and the Present Scenario” in his guest lecture.
- 2019-20: Dr. Narayan K. Mhaske, Head, Department of History, Jijamata College of Science and Arts, Bhendegave an expert’s talk on “Present Maharashtra of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Visionary thoughts”
The department every year enthusiastically celebrates the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj with prime intentions to make the students acknowledged with the life and contribution of the great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj and implanting his ideals in today’s youth to have better society. On this occasion, every year,orators, locally known as Shiv Vyakyate, are invited to address the students. The department has invited the following speakers:
- SanjivBhor Patil, President, Shiv Prahar Association
Alongside Shiv Jayanti, the department also celebrates birth and death anniversaries of various other personalities who have immensely contributed in the upliftment and betterment of the Indian society.
Field Visits, Excursions and Projects:
The department organizes field visits of historical places and excursions for project works for the third year students. Till today, the students of the department have collected information of 62 historical places through field visits and excursions and have submitted the datato the institution.
Asst. Prof. S. V. Markad [M.A. (History), M.A. (Hindi), B.Ed.]
He has presented 5 research papers in national conferences and has got them published in conference proceedings. He has attended 11 state level seminars and has also actively participated in 6 workshops on revised syllabi. Since the establishment of the college (for 10 years) he has been working as the Head of Arts Branch and Head of History Department.
Asst. Prof. G. S. Sonawane [M.A. B.Ed., SET]
He has presented 3 research papers in national conferences which have been published in conference proceedings. He has given his active participation in 2 workshops and 4 state level seminars.